Misguided Ghosts Fact

The Sun October 2, 2009 asked vocalist and lyricist Hayley Williams to explain her theory in this song that everyone is just a misguided ghost. She replied: "Some people might think that I actually know what I'm doing but I'm just 20 years old and figuring myself out on a daily basis. The greatest thing about it is that I know now that I don't have to live up to someone else's expectations of me. It's freeing when you finally realise that you don't have to have all the answers."
Hayley Williams (from Alternative Press): "This is the redheaded stepchild of the record. No offense to any actual redheaded stepchildren - I was one. Taylor [York, rhythm guitar] wrote the music for this while we were on tour in England. It was after we'd 'come back' from the break. But I think, mentally, we were all still pretty checked out. All of 2008 was pretty hard, and even though there were a lot of amazing things happening, life felt really complicated for the first time ever for me. So I wrote about that. I like it because it sort of embodies every random, confusing emotion that I've ever had about living in this crazy world."